Wait. Close your eyes. Is it just me or do you feel it too? Ask yourself, what is the source of this horrendous weight? The evisceration of environmental safeguards? The withdrawal from the Paris Accord? The only answer is—the world literally”sucks” because of Donald Trump.
When my father proposed to my mother, he did so on one knee. The Knighthood ceremony requires the candidate to take one knee before the Queen. When we bend down to speak to a small child, we often do so on one knee. I don’t know why Donald Trump hates one knee so much, but for the simple fact it challenges him— everything he is and ever wanted to become.
Recap of articles from June 17 to October 21, 2017
- The Ugly “Truth” behind Niger, Chad, and Donald J. Trump October 21, 2017
- Opinion | Demolition Man: the Smash-Up Derby of Trump’s presidency October 20, 2017
- Opinion | Where is Heather Heyer? October 8, 2017
- Opinion | War, Distraction, and a Dying Administration August 23, 2017
- Opinion | Trump’s Populist Agenda Alive and Well in Charlottesville August 16, 2017
- “The lights on at the White House, but President Alone and in the Dark” August 4, 2017
- Opinion |Trump’s Transgender Military Ban Wouldn’t Last a New York Minute in Toronto (Or Any Other Place in Canada) July 29, 2017
- Trump’s Greatest Failure…is not Healthcare July 26, 2017
- Would You Like a Side of Collusion with Your Nothing Burger? July 19, 2017
- Trump’s “Mad Dog” Antics Earn Him Timeout in the Pound or the Lady Vanishes July 2, 2017
- Why Now? July 1, 2017
- The Day Americans Became My New Best Friend aka The Article I Loathed to Write July 1, 2017
- Planet of the Tapes June 30, 2017
- The True Meaning of Covfefe (Figured Out) June 30, 2017
- Lack of Bankruptcy Clause Leads to No Way Out for President June 17, 2017
“Crash bang smash ‘em up, put ‘em back again.
Smash bang crack ‘em up, its crash up time my friend!”
There is a game from my childhood called Smash-Up Derby. It was the only gift Santa did not bring me…until now. The game’s concept was simple—two toy cars get smashed together again and again. You could send them rocketing into walls, tables, and chairs—as their doors and engine hoods blew off on impact, only for you to snap them back together for the next round. The commercial’s jingle — “Bang, crash, smash ‘em up!… Smash-Up Derby is fun!” is the same song echoing through the White House as Donald Trump continues to bang, crash, smash ‘em up with everyone from world leaders to his own Secretary of State. It’s “crash up derby time” for Trump. Continue reading “Opinion | Demolition Man: the Smash-Up Derby of Trump’s presidency”